The Alice Bag Handbag Sewing Pattern is a whimsical and versatile circle purse sewing pattern that can be made in three different sizes with 4 different handle styles.
You can add even more whimsy to the bag with the addition of rabbit ears!
This versatile pattern features:
- Quilted or Non-Quilted Exterior.
- Create the Bunny Face or Clock Face bag front with either hand embroidery or by printing the image on printable fabric with the included patterns and printables
- Options for Cross Body Straps; Small Purse Handles; Chain Straps; or detachable Wristlet Strap
- The bag is fully lined. There are no internal pockets. Seams are finished with bias tape.
- Small Bag is approx. 7 1/2" in diameter by 2 1/2" deep
- Medium Bag is approx 9 1/2" in diameter by 2 1/2" deep
- Large Bag is approx. 11 1/2" in diameter by 2 1/2" deep
- Instructions for two lengths of cross-body straps included; one suitable for children and one suitable for adults.
BONUS: Get a free supplement included in your pattern to make a "Mickey Mouse" inspired version of the bag.
Fabric Requirements: Yardage is the same for a small, medium or large bag
3/4 yard for Bag Outside
3/4 yard for Bag Lining
1 Fat Quarter Bunny Ear Fabric (optional)
1 Fat Quarter Bunny Ear Contrast Fabric (optional)
1/2 yard fabric for bias piping (can also use pre-made piping)
1/4 yard For Cross Body Bag Straps (VIEW A&E)
1/4 yard For Small purse handles (VIEW B)
1/4 yard For detachable side strap (VIEW D)
1 yard 20” wide Shape Flex Interfacing
1 yard 20” wide Fusible Fleece Interfacing
3/4 yard Fusible Flex Foam Interfacing
1/4 yard paper-backed fusible webbing (for bunny ear contrast)
Notions: 12” zipper (for small or medium bag) 19” zipper (for large bag)
Additional Notions as noted on the pattern.
There is a video tutorial series that goes along with this bag on YouTube.
The pattern is in Adobe Acrobat format and includes full-color photos, illustrations, and step by step instructions.
After you complete your purchase you will automatically
be emailed a link to download your pattern.
This is a PDF pattern and there is NO SHIPPING COST and nothing will be mailed to you. This is a PRINT AT HOME PATTERN.